Lets make a dent in the growing, competitive world of make-up artistry
At The Rouge School, we are dedicated to delivering current, industry standard training, ensuring that when you leave us you are ready to succeed in your new career as a make-up artist.
All classes are held in our city centre salon, So Coco Rouge, every Tuesday and Wednesday evening, giving you an insight into life as a working make-up artist.
Classes are based on a limited number of students to ensure you receive as much one-to-one training as possible from our experienced tutors. This not only enhances your skill level, but also helps build your confidence.
All Rouge School courses are accredited by the prestigious Beauty Guild
The Ultimate MUA
12 weeks, £1200 (includes full professional brush set)
The recommended starting ground for any aspiring make-up artist, this course covers all aspects of make-up.
Topics include :-
• Creating a flawless base including contouring, highlighting and strobing
• Basic eye make-up application
• Advanced eye make-up application and techniques
• Building confidence in using colour
• Celebrity inspired and Instagram trends
• Festival and glitter
• Bridal make-up techniques
• Bridal Business skills, including how to set your pricing and organise your timings
• Mature makeup application
Week 7 & 8
• Editorial photographic makeup
• Current catwalk trends
• Vintage inspired makeup
Week 9 to 11
• Special effects make-up (SFX) (including – Bullet wounds, cuts, bruises, burns, broken nose, split lip, death and more)
• Script breakdown and how to work on professionally on set
• Current Halloween trends
• How to launch and run your business successfully
• How to plan social media posts and boost engagement
A full kit available for additional cost of £200
Add on courses
3 weeks- £300
The majority of make-up artist positions now require a basic level of hair styling.
This course is designed for new and working make-up artists wishing to add additional services to their business.
During this course we will cover :-
• Bridal and prom hair up techniques
• Blow drying and heated equipment
• Vintage and retro hair techniques
• Working to a brief, continuity and recreation
• Editorial and commercial hair techniques
One day introductory course on the professional application of airbrush makeup.
On this course you will learn all the necessary skills to create a flawless base for editorial or bridal makeup including highlight, contour, blusher, colour matching, airbrush maintenance and cleaning.
Includes basic bridal make-up application.
No previous airbrush experience necessary just a basic understanding of regular makeup application.